Sign in to follow this  
tomgirl

A polite question to the devs of the engine:

Are you aware that you are RUINING the gaming experience for players who don't use this cheat engine and just want to have fun?

Players who use this engine ruin the game for other players since they have an UNFAIR advantage!

How would you feel if you bought a game, excited to play it, only to find almost everyone uses a hackengine making your gameplay experience boring, upsetting, and down right not enjoyable?

Do you value the money you make from this engine so much that you'd sacrifice the enjoyment of every other player who doesn't use this hackengine? Not that using this hackengine would make any game fun to begin with since it makes it easy as hell to play with little to no skill or effort needed.

I fail to understand why people would need to cheat in a multiplayer game to begin with, isn't the point of a game like Friday the 13th or COD to test your skills as a gamer?

Now if you made this thing for single player games only, I'd have ZERO PROBLEMS with this as it affects no one but the player using it but since you obviously offer hacks for TONS of multiplayer games, its a problem.

I'm doing my very best not to be outright rude due to my sheer hatred of hackers and hackengines and I'm hoping these devs have a shred of decency to them but I'm expecting this post to be deleted asap and my account banned in no time since its pretty obvious that they don't care.

I'm not sure what response you're expecting to get, but I will say if you think almost everyone uses a cheat in any game we support you are greatly over-estimating the number of cheaters. It's usually a very low number, but people like to blame cheating for their losses and other's skill.

If you want more insight from cheat developers, sites like pcgamer have done the odd interview with some (not us).

This is a market like any other, it survives because there are people out there who are interested in buying hacks, it's not so much about even just winning all the time, but the feeling of having total control of the match in front of you that is exhilarating. I assure you that we don't "ruin" any games, most of the games that we frequent are those with very poor anti cheat systems anyways, and were in such low numbers it hardly makes a difference. Many of us are low key enough that you'd never have any premonition that were outright hacking. 

If a game has gotten to the point that "almost everyone" around you is hacking, well that game was so poorly secured that it's better than anything else that it get burned to the ground. 

People who use services like this one have very low impact on the game compared to the professional players , moms basement dwellers,  and streamers who annihilate everyone endlessly because they do nothing but play the game for 16 hours a day.

Not everyone who uses hacks like this are out there abusing the other players. 

Edited by Hellbinder

On 19/06/2017 at 10:40 PM, tomgirl said:

Are you aware that you are RUINING the gaming experience for players who don't use this cheat engine and just want to have fun?

Players who use this engine ruin the game for other players since they have an UNFAIR advantage!

How would you feel if you bought a game, excited to play it, only to find almost everyone uses a hackengine making your gameplay experience boring, upsetting, and down right not enjoyable?

Do you value the money you make from this engine so much that you'd sacrifice the enjoyment of every other player who doesn't use this hackengine? Not that using this hackengine would make any game fun to begin with since it makes it easy as hell to play with little to no skill or effort needed.

I fail to understand why people would need to cheat in a multiplayer game to begin with, isn't the point of a game like Friday the 13th or COD to test your skills as a gamer?

Now if you made this thing for single player games only, I'd have ZERO PROBLEMS with this as it affects no one but the player using it but since you obviously offer hacks for TONS of multiplayer games, its a problem.

I'm doing my very best not to be outright rude due to my sheer hatred of hackers and hackengines and I'm hoping these devs have a shred of decency to them but I'm expecting this post to be deleted asap and my account banned in no time since its pretty obvious that they don't care.

You're wrong, you know.  I ran a gaming website for years, with over sixty writers who came and went on the team.  Out of those sixty, practically all of them were multiplayer gamers and most of those were in shooters or something that required ridiculous reaction times.  Only TWO of those sixty-plus people have used cheats - me, and my long-time co-op partner.  We don't use cheat in games like Command & Conquer, because they're brain-centric games where you think your way out of situations rather than shoot your way out.  It doesn't rely on lightning-fast reflexes, and instead relies on the ability to think ahead.

So why do we cheat in shooter games?  Because we're shit at them.  We are absolutely crap at them.  Both in single and multiplayer, we were being obliterated.  We were using the same gear as everyone else (AI or player), same systems, same control mechanisms, same in-game mechanics, and yet we were being utterly creamed by even the most basic AI, and it's because we're just not cut-out for those types of game.  So when you talk about the unfair advantage... that's nothing to do with cheats; that's to do with having ability against those who don't.  I've watched my friend Chris play shooters on the same PC that I play on, and he's insanely good.  This is a guy who can solo a legendary campaign in The Division with nothing but whatever the game dishes out to him, along with his own skill as a veteran FPS player.

We tested his skills maybe three months ago by pitting him, on his own, against my friend and I in the dark zone.  Bearing in mind that he's NOT using a cheat, and we were both using cheats (including teleporting, speed hacks, RPM hacks, no reload, no recoil, and no spread) we still couldn't beat him.  He would obliterate us at every turn, and it turned out that the only advantage we had over him was the ESP... which was initially being used to chase him down, and then get destroyed by him anyway, and was ultimately used to AVOID him.  It didn't matter that we were using a cheat system that exploited every aspect of the gameplay, because his skills were able to override the unfair advantage we had over him, and made it obvious that we actually had NO advantage over him.

Also, you have to understand that the CheatAutomation hack isn't like many others.  There's no exploit for reloading, unlimited ammo, god mode, teleporting, speed running, invisibility, or any of the things that the BAD hackers use (like BSE_CYBORG and his buddies); this cheat is JUST for aiming (and most people turn it down anyway, or off), recoil, spread, and ESP.  They don't really give you that much of an advantage over even a newbie other than you'll be more accurate than them and they absolutely don't give you any real advantage over skilled players.  For people like me who are crap, they actually level the playing field.  For those who are already skilled players, they won't make a shred of difference because they're already that good anyway, and for the people in between it doesn't really matter because if they're cheating against someone like me who is already crap then it'll pull them down to the same level as me as we're using the same cheats and if they're going against the skilled player they were going to get killed regardless.

I understand WHY you think that it's unfair, but you need to look at the bigger picture and consider all the different types of people who actually play the games who would or wouldn't use cheats.

And, to be fair on the folk who wrote the CheatAutomation hacks, it's better that they provide the hacks they do because they're regulated.  They prevent abuse from happening because THEY control what can and can't be done, whereas those people who hack the code on their own or inject using CheatEngine don't have boundaries.  They'll do what they want, because they can.  You can't do that here.  If you want to blame people for breaking the game, then blame the people who hack on their own and take it to extremes, but don't blame the folk with regulated cheats that have limitations, because it's not fair.

Edited by LiquidT

That's quite a great post LiquidT, I wouldn't put our entire community into a box and suggest everyone here is crap at shooters but certainly some are. 

It's true we do limit features sometimes depending on the game. That's in large part to protect our community as the ridiculous features are often easily detected by developers should they put in the effort. At the same time though we don't want to ruin a game, and while I don't know whether we've ever had that opportunity we would shy away from that.

As for myself skill wise, I find I tend to do well at games when they're in early beta periods before people have had a lot of time to master the weapons, mechanics, learn maps and strategies. I generally don't play too much and therefore fall behind in those areas over time. Cheating is basically 'instant skill', you can brute-force your way to victory without needing to master all the intricacies of a game. Winning is fun.

I'm tempted to lock this topic as I don't think tomgirl is coming back but I'd also hate to limit the exposure of that post you clearly put some time into writing.

Robert, I would leave it open to be honest,  as Tomgirl has opened up an honest question and providing it stays civil it wont do any harm.

From my own experience, cheating in a game for me was down to frustration that every one else was cheating.  This was Rainbow Six..  I was getting so sick and tired of being rekt through walls etc,  that I had the attitude "if you cant beat them, join them"..  CA was the first professional looking site, and love being part of this site. As soon as I started using ESP, it brought down my stress, and I actually managed to play the game without shouting or smashing up my keyboards.  Problem is,  you then get quite addicted to playing with it, and when BE came out, It took a long time to regain the skills to play without knowing where people are in the map.  Most of the time, I only used ESP, sometimes used aim bot IF there was other cheaters on the opposite team.

Would I use cheats again if there was a bypass?..  Yes, I would as I don't take the game serious anymore, kind of bored of it, and actually felt that using cheats was fun (for me),  and this is why I play games, to make it fun for me!

LiquidT,  not everyone is useless at games who uses cheats,  I have managed to get to diamond each season with R6, and I only used CA for two seasons, so I am not bad at that game at all.

Thanks, Robert.  I agree with Westcroft, too; there are too many forums where anything negative is deleted and it doesn't really sit well with me.  It's better to be frank and open than alienate through over-moderation.

Robert said: "I wouldn't put our entire community into a box and suggest everyone here is crap at shooters but certainly some are"

Westcroft said "LiquidT, not everyone is useless at games who uses cheats"

I get that... and I was actually talking about me and my co-op partner whenever I said "we", as it was specifically just us that I was talking about.  But there's a bunch of people that I see in the Division's Dark Zone all the time, maybe ten or twelve of them, and it's very clear that they're not using cheats.  They can still clear an entire server, though, because they're that damned good at what they do.  My point is that when people like me, who is absolutely crap, uses a cheat against someone like that, it doesn't really make that much of a difference because they'll still ruin me.  If I use a cheat against someone who is of average ability, then it would bring me to their level.  If I wanted to, I could destroy n00bs, but what's the point?  And if you gave the CA cheat to any of those ten or twelve folk who already own the DZ anyway, it wouldn't make any difference except that they'd maybe clear a server quicker than usual.

My point is that SOME cheats can utterly ruin a game, two of which I've used before and there's absolutely no point in playing the game when you're practically invincible, but regulated cheats like this one are only really an extension of your existing ability and I've seen some CA users in the Division DZ before (you get to know the different types of cheat when you've used a variety yourself) and they certainly don't abuse it.  Obviously I can't speak for anyone in any other game, but certainly in The Division, the majority of people using cheats are doing so merely to stay alive against the myriad rogues who run in packs of four, or who run in packs of four WITH four non-rogue agents so they can protect them.  You genuinely have no chance against them, but it still feels good if you manage to get one kill during the scrum.

I'm like Westcroft - I bought the lifetime access for The Division here because I'd played it through so many times and there was no real fun anymore.  Using the cheat means we're able to nail every Challenging mission, but STILL can't get through a Legendary mission... and I guess that goes back to my point about the unfair advantage - my mate Chris can solo those Legendary campaigns with no cheats, yet my friend and I still can't do them with the cheat activated.  They're much easier than before, and we last longer, but we still can't complete them.

To summarise... cheats don't ruin the game.  The players ruin the game when they abuse cheats, and some players even manage to ruin the game (the aforementioned rogue squads) without using cheats because nobody really wants to be killed the second they walk out of a checkpoint or safe house EVERY SINGLE TIME, and there are folk who do that, and they're not using cheats.  If you're a bad sport, you'll ruin the game, regardless.