Sign in to follow this  
Robert

Reset your own HWID!

We're pleased to announce a new convenience feature here at CA. I know you guys like your HWID resets. In fact, I can say I know, because I've reset every damned one of them for the past 3 years. That's not to say I really mind doing it, but why should you have to wait for me to check your ticket when you could just do it yourself? It's sad, though - I'll miss our fireside support ticket chats, where I told you I reset your HWID and promptly closed the ticket.

Introducing the "self-checkout CheatAutomation HWID Reset tool." That's right, along with all the big-box retailers, CheatAutomation is using automation to put the website administrator out of a job!

hwid_reset_sm.jpg

To ensure you don't miss that touch of human interaction, after resetting your HWID, you will see one of a number of different messages to leave you feeling upbeat, such as:

Thanks for resetting your HWID through our self-checkout system, have a nice day!

Your HWID is now reset! Have fun!

That HWID is reset! You go get em, tiger!

You'll need to reset your HWID multiple times to see every message. Collect them all!

If you attempt to login to the client on a PC with a different HWID than the last detected one, you'll be sent to this HWID reset page, where you can click to reset your HWID, then return to the login and continue.

On the 1st of every month you'll be reset to 4 available HWID Resets, meaning you can reset your HWID up to 4 times a month. While this doesn't enable frequent use on 2 PCs, if you have 2 PCs at different houses or locations you visit sporadically, this will enable you to still use the cheats at both those locations.

With this in place we plan to later stop offering manual HWID resets except in extreme circumstances. At this point it's still in testing, though I don't forsee any issues. If there are problems, a support ticket is still an option.

Hope everyone enjoys the new system!